The St. Stephen’s Soccer Academy
Our Soccer Academy is where motivated players achieve athletic and academic excellence in a home-like environment set in the beautiful Texas Hill Country.
The ability to play soccer at the college level can help a high school senior stand out from a crowded field of college applicants. So can a demonstrated history of advanced academic achievement and the acquisition of young adult life skills. Combined, these factors can dramatically help a high school graduate get accepted to one of his or her top choice colleges. And that, in a nutshell, is the promise of St. Stephen’s Soccer Academy — a boarding school program that stresses academic excellence while giving students the soccer training and in-game experience they need to reach their full collegiate athletic potential.
Our boarding academy environment offers a unique “one-stop-shop” that offers female and male soccer-loving students a combination of benefits they can’t gain anywhere else:
- A supportive environment where young soccer players can live, train, study and have fun with others their age who share their passion for the game
- An expert, dedicated and caring coaching staff determined to make sure every academy member makes the most of his or her potential on the field, in the classroom, and in the school community
- A rigorous program of academic study that just by itself has proven time and again to give students a leg up in gaining admission to the colleges of their choice
- Spacious first-class training and playing facilities, nestled in a gorgeous tree-lined Hill Country setting
- A temperate climate where students can play and train outdoors year round
- Study, time management and independent life skills that help our students adapt to college life much more readily than typical entering freshmen.
- Individualized strength and conditioning training, as well as group and individual sports psychology support
- A structured system of club play where each player is matched with a team that will give him or her the most on-field experience and the best opportunity to advance his or her skills and abilities
- Active college placement counseling that helps students gain admission to the colleges that best meet their athletic and academic goals
- A home-like boarding school community where everyone belongs, and where academy students can be accepted for who they are, and become who they want to be
St. Stephen’s Soccer Academy is open to any student who meets the entrance requirements of St. Stephen’s Episcopal School — no soccer tryouts are required.
Read on to learn more about how St. Stephen’s Soccer Academy can help bring a high school soccer player’s college dreams within reach.